Caring for your Labrador Puppy
Missing out? Click here to get our new articles delivered to your inbox
But it should also be a lot of fun, which is why we have made this page.
We want to help you enjoy your puppy.
In this section, we answer your concerns about Labrador puppy care and development.
Caring for your puppy
- First days at home
- How to cope with a crying puppy
- When to call the vet
- Feeding your puppy
- 5 essentials to buy
- Housetraining a Labrador Puppy
- Housetraining without tears!
- Is it safe to put your puppy down in the garden?
- The importance of socialising your puppy
- How to socialise your puppy
- Herd immunity and the safety of vaccines
- Should you vaccinate your puppy?
- Should you dominate your labrador puppy?
- Puppy vaccinations FAQ
- Crate training your puppy
- What to do when your puppy won’t wee outside
- Puppy growth FAQ
- Puppy exercise: how much is too much?
You might also want to check out our sections on Labrador Puppy Training and Labrador Puppy Behaviour. Do let us know what you would like to see added to the site. We are always happy to have your comments and suggestions.
Important: Puppies under seven weeks old
Please note that puppies should remain with their mothers until they are eight weeks old. We are unable to offer advice to people purchasing puppies that are not mature enough to be re-homed. Check out this link for further information
The Happy Puppy Handbook
Most of the articles on this website are written by author Pippa Mattinson. Pippa’s latest book The Happy Puppy Handbook is a definitive guide to puppy care and early training. You can find more books by Pippa and other authors on this page: Books for Labrador owners